Ask questions. Make discoveries.
Explore the possibilities.
Nov. 9-11, 2019
From its inception, Connecticut College has championed the idea of serving and supporting underrepresented populations. Over time, that commitment has grown and evolved with our institution. Promoting diversity and inclusion continues to be a major component of the fabric of our selective, liberal arts, coeducational and residential institution.
That is why we host Explore, a special program each fall for high school seniors of underrepresented backgrounds, as well as those committed to diversity and social justice. Explore offers a sneak peek at the challenging liberal arts environment of Connecticut College and a chance to learn about campus resources for students of color. Explore participants experience life on campus through the lens of our multicultural community.
You are an intellectually driven student looking to fulfill your lifelong passion, and we know the importance of finding a college that supports and challenges you. That’s where Explore can help in your search.
While you’re here, you and your peers will:
- Attend classes and discuss big ideas with professors
- Tour the campus
- Complete an official admission interview
- Stay overnight with a student host
- Make new friends from across the country
- Learn about your financial aid options
- Meet College deans and professors
- Discover the wealth of exciting academic and extracurricular activities available
- Become acquainted with our hometown of New London
If you believe that Explore would help you in your college search, apply now. Applications are due Oct. 1 and must include the following supporting materials:
- a transcript that includes your senior schedule
- a personal statement on diversity
- a letter of recommendation from your counselor
Transportation assistance is available for students who qualify.
We look forward to seeing you!