As the leaders of the Connecticut College parent and family community, Parent and Family Council members work to engage their peers in the life of the College liaisons for parents and families of current students. Members also serve as ambassadors of the College in their home communities and professional networks. Increasing parent and family support, in all its forms, is the primary focus of the Connecticut College Parent and Family Council.
The Parent and Family Council traditionally meets in person two times per year: once during Fall Weekend and again in the spring. Due to COVID-19, this year's Council meeting schedule is as follows:
- In-person meeting at Fall Weekend 2021
- Virtual Winter Meeting (Nov/Dec)
- Virtual Early Spring Meeting (Feb)
- On-Campus April Meeting (Hybrid in-person/virtual)
- May Commencement event for outgoing PFC Families
As a member of the Parent and Family Council, there are many ways to volunteer and partner with the College. We ask that all members participate in one or more of the following ways:
- Make Connecticut College a philanthropic priority. Gifts to the Parent and Family Fund provide crucial unrestricted dollars that support every aspect of a Conn education, including financial aid, study away, athletics, career development and countless other programs and opportunities for current students. We would also welcome your support of additional areas of interest particular to your family.
- Engage in one or more of our leadership volunteer opportunities:
- Career and Professional Development Volunteer
Through the Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement and the Hale Center for Career Development, volunteer leaders will help prepare students for careers through job shadowing, internships, career-related panels and other speaking opportunities.
- Connecticut College Parent and Family Fund Volunteer
Building on Conn’s remarkable tradition of parent philanthropy, volunteer leaders will work closely with our Leadership and Annual Giving teams to raise funds from parents and families to enhance the educational experience for all students.
- Engagement Volunteer
Working closely with our Alumni and Parent Engagement team, volunteer leaders will engage parents and families in the life of the College through regional and on-campus programs. Volunteers also assist the Office of Admission with welcoming new families to the College and hosting regional welcome events.
- Social Media Ambassador Social Media Ambassadors engage with fellow parents on social media, spreading the word of College happenings, parent news, upcoming events and fundraising campaigns. Help generate a positive buzz about the College by liking, sharing, reposting and commenting on Connecticut College and Connecticut College parent content, as well as posting photos from College events.
Members of the 2021-22 Parent and Family Council
(This list will be growing with the addition of our 2025 families this Fall).
Hans and Marian Baldauf P'24 (San Francisco, California)
James and Sandy Beslity P'22 (Princeton, New Jersey)
Rick Blackshaw and Lisa McElroy P'23 '24 (Concord, Massachusetts)
James and Robin Brown P'19 '23 (Old Greenwich, Connecticut)
Marc and Amy Bryant P'23 (Hingham, Massachusetts)
Seth and Elizabeth Buckley P'23 (Hingham, Massachusetts)
Michael and Maureen Champa P'24 (Boston, Massachusetts)
Roland Courtenay-Bishop & Victoria Chaban P'23 (San Francisco, California)
Christine DiCesare P'23 (Morristown, New Jersey)
Susan Evans '88 P'23 (Manhattan Beach, California)
Mark and Polly Fraga P'23 (Wellesley, Massachusetts)
Matthew and Rebekah Gardiner P'23 (Weston, Massachusetts)
Charles and Charlotte Hogan P'22 (Sharon, Massachusetts)
Kevin Jones and Anne Marie Kuzoe Jones P'22 (Bronx, New York)
Todd and Suzanne Lenox P'23 (Weston, Massachusetts)
John and Elizabeth Linehan P'18, '22, '23 (Townson, Maryland)
Robert and Dana Lynch P'24 (Wellesley, Massachusetts)
Qiang Ma and Wei Fang P'24 (Falls Church, Virginia)
Nicolas Mangon and Marie Olivares P'24 (Lexington, Massachusetts)
Douglas McAlinden and Sarah Piel P'24 (New York, New York)
Patrick and Jennifer McCarthy P'23 (New Canaan, Connecticut)
Tom McGlynn and Toni Murphy McGlynn P'22 (Mound, Minnesota)
Matthew and Meredith McPherron P'23 (Weston, Massachusetts)
Alexander and Alison Nalle P'18 '23 (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
David and Stella Neumeyer P'23 (Wayland, Massachusetts)
Kevin and Stacie Quilty P'24 (Hingham, Massachusetts)
Garth '93 and Christina '93 Ross P'23 (Washington, DC)
John Gould Rubin and Laura Hughes P'24 (New York, New York)
Steven Smith P'24 (Newton Center, Massachusetts)
Philip and Kristen Smyth P'24 (Remsenburg, New York)
Lisa Sullivan and Jeff Criswell P'24 (Greenwich, Connecticut)
Dirk and Laura Tenzer P'24 (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Mike and Liza Van Dyke P'23 (Long Beach, California)
Kehli Woodruff P'23 (Scarsdale, New York)
Anne Zaccaro '85 P'22 (New York, New York)
Brian Zane P'24 (Kensington, Maryland)
For more information about the Parent and Family Council at Connecticut College, please contact Tori McKenna, Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement at email@example.com or 1-800-888-7549 x2302.
For information about giving opportunities at the College, please contact Susan Daniells ’01, Director of Leadership and Annual Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860-439-5395.
For more information about the Parent and Family Fund, please contact Lynne Crider, Assistant Director of Annual Giving, at email@example.com or 1-800-888-7549 x2423.
For all other parent matters, please contact Shari Latif at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-860-439-2874.