As the leaders of the Connecticut College parent and family community, Parent and Family Council members work to engage their peers in the life of the College as liaisons for parents and families of current students. Members also serve as ambassadors of the College in their home communities and professional networks. Increasing parent and family support, in all its forms, is the primary focus of the Connecticut College Parent and Family Council.
PFC Members Are:
- Ambassadors for Conn who are well-versed in the College’s priorities and initiatives for the purpose of sharing information and engaging past and current parents and families
- Leaders for parent family programming, including helping to create engagement opportunities for parents and other family members to strengthen their connection with the College
- Motivators for financial support to the College, thereby serving as an example for Camel families to contribute charitably to Conn.
The Parent and Family Council traditionally meets in person two times per year: once during Fall Weekend and again in the spring. New Schedule:
- October 1:Fall weekend in person meeting
- November/early December: Virtual meeting
- February: Virtual meeting
- April: In person on-campus meeting with option to Zoom in (Global Commons Zoom Room)
As a member of the Parent and Family Council, there are many ways to volunteer and partner with the College. We ask that all members participate in one or more of the following ways:
- Make Connecticut College a philanthropic priority. Gifts to the Parents Fund provide crucial unrestricted dollars that support every aspect of a Conn education, including financial aid, study away, athletics, career development and countless other programs and opportunities for current students. We would also welcome your support of additional areas of interest particular to your family.
- Engage in one or more of our leadership volunteer opportunities:
- Career and Professional Development Volunteer
Through the Office of Alumni and Parent Engagement and the Hale Center for Career Development, volunteer leaders will help prepare students for careers through job shadowing, internships, career-related panels and other speaking opportunities.
- Connecticut College Parents Fund Volunteer
Building on Conn’s remarkable tradition of parent philanthropy, volunteer leaders will work closely with our Leadership and Annual Giving teams to raise funds from parents and families to enhance the educational experience for all students.
- Engagement Volunteer
Working closely with our Alumni and Parent Engagement team, volunteer leaders will engage parents and families in the life of the College through regional and on-campus programs. Volunteers also assist the Office of Admission with welcoming new families to the College and hosting regional welcome events.
- Social Media Ambassador Social Media Ambassadors engage with fellow parents on social media, spreading the word of College happenings, parent news, upcoming events and fundraising campaigns. Help generate a positive buzz about the College by liking, sharing, reposting and commenting on Connecticut College and Connecticut College parent content, as well as posting photos from College events.
Members of the 2021-22 Parent and Family Council
(This list will be growing with the addition of our 2025 families this Fall).
Co-Chairs: Hans and Marian Baldauf P'24 (San Francisco, California)
Members by class year:
James and Sandy Beslity P'22 (Princeton, New Jersey)
Rick Blackshaw and Lisa McElroy P'23 '24 (Concord, Massachusetts)
James and Robin Brown P'19 '23 (Old Greenwich, Connecticut)
Marc and Amy Bryant P'23 (Hingham, Massachusetts)
Seth and Elizabeth Buckley P'23 (Hingham, Massachusetts)
Michael and Maureen Champa P'24 (Boston, Massachusetts)
Roland Courtenay-Bishop & Victoria Chaban P'23 (San Francisco, California)
Christine DiCesare P'23 (Morristown, New Jersey)
Susan Evans '88 P'23 (Manhattan Beach, California)
Mark and Polly Fraga P'23 (Wellesley, Massachusetts)
Matthew and Rebekah Gardiner P'23 (Weston, Massachusetts)
Charles and Charlotte Hogan P'22 (Sharon, Massachusetts)
Kevin Jones and Anne Marie Kuzoe Jones P'22 (Bronx, New York)
Todd and Suzanne Lenox P'23 (Weston, Massachusetts)
John and Elizabeth Linehan P'18, '22, '23 (Townson, Maryland)
Robert and Dana Lynch P'24 (Wellesley, Massachusetts)
Qiang Ma and Wei Fang P'24 (Falls Church, Virginia)
Nicolas Mangon and Marie Olivares P'24 (Lexington, Massachusetts)
Douglas McAlinden and Sarah Piel P'24 (New York, New York)
Patrick and Jennifer McCarthy P'23 (New Canaan, Connecticut)
Tom McGlynn and Toni Murphy McGlynn P'22 (Mound, Minnesota)
Matthew and Meredith McPherron P'23 (Weston, Massachusetts)
Alexander and Alison Nalle P'18 '23 (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
David and Stella Neumeyer P'23 (Wayland, Massachusetts)
Kevin and Stacie Quilty P'24 (Hingham, Massachusetts)
Garth '93 and Christina '93 Ross P'23 (Washington, DC)
John Gould Rubin and Laura Hughes P'24 (New York, New York)
Steven Smith P'24 (Newton Center, Massachusetts)
Philip and Kristen Smyth P'24 (Remsenburg, New York)
Lisa Sullivan and Jeff Criswell P'24 (Greenwich, Connecticut)
Dirk and Laura Tenzer P'24 (Charlotte, North Carolina)
Mike and Liza Van Dyke P'23 (Long Beach, California)
Kehli Woodruff P'23 (Scarsdale, New York)
Anne Zaccaro '85 P'22 (New York, New York)
Brian Zane P'24 (Kensington, Maryland)
For more information about the Parent and Family Council at Connecticut College, please contact Tori McKenna, Director of Alumni and Parent Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-888-7549 x2302.
For more information about the Parents Fund, please contact Michael Spicer, Director of Annual Giving, at email@example.com or 1-800-888-7549 x2111.