Q: What is the purpose of a payment plan?

Payment plans allow you to budget the comprehensive fee over time, instead of following the traditional semester payment schedule. The payment plan is designed so that the parent or student can pay the total cost of education in monthly installments. There is an enrollment fee, but you pay no interest.

Q: Who provides the payment plans?

The College has contracted with Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) to provide and manage the payment plans.

Q: What types of plans are available?

NBS offers three different payment plan options:
• 10-month payment plan, June – March, no down payment
• 9-month payment plan, July – March, 10% down payment (processed immediately)
• 8-month payment plan, August – March, 20% down payment (processed immediately)

Q: How do I enroll in a payment plan?

Payment plans are managed through CCPay, the College’s online payment system. To enroll, click the Make Payment link in CCPay, then click the eCashier button. (Students are automatically enrolled in CCPay, but they are responsible for giving others access to their College accounts by registering them as authorized payers in CCPay. The College cannot automatically enroll others due to the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.) See CCPay FAQ for more details.

Q: What if I don’t receive confirmation of enrollment in a payment plan?

If you do not receive confirmation from Nelnet Business Solutions immediately after submitting an application, you should contact the Bursar's office. (See contact information at end of FAQ.)

Q: What if I am not sure how much my financial aid is going to be at the time I set up a payment plan? How will I know how to calculate my payments?

You should calculate the anticipated amount due on the comprehensive fee. If you receive your tuition bill and find that you have either an insufficient or excess amount budgeted, you can modify the amount by notifying the Bursar's office by phone or email. Contact information for the Bursar’s Office is below. (You cannot make these modifications via CCPay.) The Connecticut College student ID number and name must be included for any adjustments to be processed.

Q: What if I change financial institutions or want to assign a different account to my payment plan?

The payer must provide the new account information to the Bursar's office or NBS at least 10 business days prior to the next effective debit date. Failure to give notice of 10 business days may result in the incorrect account being debited and a $30 returned payment fee. Notification must include the name and address of the new financial institution, your routing number and account number. We recommend including with your notification a voided check from the new institution/account so we can ensure the routing and account numbers are correct, but it is not required. Please verify your bank routing number and checking account number with your financial institution. Failure to do so may result in your debit being returned unpaid by your bank.

Q: What if I need to adjust the monthly payment amount?

The payer or authorized student may adjust the payment amount at any time by contacting the Bursar's office at least 10 business days prior to the next effective debit date. The notification should include the new amount to be deducted and the effective date of the new amount. You must include the Connecticut College student name and ID number in your notification for any adjustments to be processed. Connecticut College will not make changes to an account without proper authorization.

Q: Are there any fees connected with the payment plans?

Just a non-refundable enrollment fee of $45. There is no interest, as the payment plan is not a loan. It is simply an arrangement allowing you to pay in monthly installments.

Q: If I do not choose to participate in a Nelnet payment plan, what other methods of payment are available?

You may pay your fees through CCPay, the College's ebilling system. Payment can also be made at the Bursar’s office by cash, check, cashier's check or money order. You may also mail any of these forms of payment, except cash. Please be sure to include the student ID number on any payments/correspondence sent to the College.

Q: What if I … withdraw from Connecticut College? … am not eligible to return to Connecticut College? … am academically suspended?

The Bursar's office is not immediately notified of changes in student status. If the student withdraws from the College or is academically suspended, the student must notify the Bursar's office in writing 10 business days prior to the next debit date to adjust or cancel the Nelnet Solutions Payment Plan. Notification may also be mailed to the Bursar. You must provide the Connecticut College student ID number and student name for any adjustments to be processed. Failure to make a change request may result in unnecessary debits being made to the authorized bank account. If a refund is due, it will be issued according to the university's refund policy.

Q: How do I contact NBS?


Q: How do I contact the Bursar?

Office of the Controller
Connecticut College
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT, 06320